Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

When it rains it pours!!!

So I have no one to vent to at the moment other than Riley and while she is cute she is part of the troubles today so instead of strangling the children I figured I would just post. First off this started yesterday. Riley has always had insane diarhea. For what ever reason she just does. I was starting to be concerned she wasn't gaining weight so off we went to the doctor yesterday. Fun for me I get to take 3 different stool samples. But he suspects that really she has an iga deficiency in her blood or is really anemic since she keeps trying to eat zinc oxide diaper rash paste. gee I get points for being on top of that about 6 months to late. So sometime next week we are probably going for lots of blood work on her. Then this morning I go downstairs and smell a mildewy smell. It's coming from the toy room. I walk in and squish goes the carpet. Standing water up on the sides of my shoes. At this point I have taken 4 steam cleaner buckets of water out of that room with no end in sight. I called the rental company to let them know we have a small problem. I ask Jahnna who had been in there the night before if it was like that last night. She said "Ummmm it's been like that for awhile" I said "Ummmmm next time you see water on the carpet like that I need to know right away." I bottled my frustrations and walked away. After all she is the one who last night at midnight decided to go throw up in the bathroom. She gets points for making it to the bathroom but gets them all taken away when she forgets to lift the toilet seat. Do you know how far vomit splatters off a toilet seat? I do! Johns response to all of this last night was "Kids are so fun" Thankfully he helped me clean it up, doing most of the work. I don't handle vomit very well. Then this afternoon after Colby and Jahnna are at school. Riley disappeared. I found her in a closet in Colby's room playing with vaseline that she had gotten off the changing table some how. Did I mention she's really good at climbing now? She looked up and told me "pretty" So now she has had a bath again and her hair is still all greasy and so I just stuck it straight up in a pony tail. So far that is the end of my story but I'm sure I'll have more to add later.

5 Comments:

At October 22, 2008 at 5:48 PM , Blogger Erickson Family said...

And I keep saying "Erin has always told me one is good. One is good."

 
At October 22, 2008 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Erin said...

See why I tell you these things! Just kidding. Three is wonderful just most days end up like this.

 
At October 23, 2008 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Matt and Erin said...

Hey hey! We had liquid poo yesterday when I went to go "wake" someone up from naptime that didn't really nap. It was horrible--I almost lost it. Poo (in the form of brown water) was on the walls, bed rails, mattress (since I was washing the sheets from a diaper leak that morning--so just a blanket was down) all over the carpet and not to include my child. It must be in the air or something. Ugh.

 
At October 23, 2008 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Cyndi said...

ugh. it must be in the utah air and somehow reached st george. Paul puked all night the other night...Jon's remark was (as he stands at the doorway covering his nose with his shirt) "mom's must be immune to the smell of puke. that's why they can clean it up so well." My response: (gagging) "no. I'm pretty sure that's not it." lol. good luck with the flooding. I HATE that!!

 
At October 26, 2008 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Adrienne, Lowell and family said...

Ahh Erin, I'm sorry that I can't be there more often to help out with things. Now you understand why Heavenly Father sends babies to young parents.....it is because it takes a lot of patience, faith, prayer, strength, energy, forgiveness and perseverence to raise them...and did I mention lots of energy!, sleepless nights, delirium, messy job management skills,migraines, sacrifice, hearing loss, loss of personal identity, hobby time, privacy, fashion sense, hot meals, soaks in the tub, etc. It does get better however, when they grow up and have a family of their own suddenly you become a wealth of information for which they will thank you and admire you in awe for all that you have acheived in life- I am truly amazed at your inner strength and faith. I love you. Hang in there. It is worth it even when life seems unside down. Mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home