Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Garage Sale

Holy crazy garage sale on Saturday. A neighbor put together a community wide garage sale for us and raised just under $10,000 for Colby. That will get us another round of Hyperbarics. We are so excited, grateful, overwhelmed..... I'm sure there are more words out there I just can't seem to find them at the moment. I never realized how much a community can come together to help support people when there is a need. We are talking with the hospital and hopefully will start the next round soon. On a crazier note, Jahnna decided yesterday she wanted her ears pierced. So we got them pierced. She was very brave and didn't cry at all. The look of shock on her face was hysterical and I wish I could have caught it on a camera but I didn't. Then she decided that she wanted to dye her hair pink and her very obliging father said Ok. Luckily her hair is to dark and it doesn't show up very good. She has now decided she needs to bleach her hair so that it can be very very pink but hopefully she will forget about that idea and just let it go! The tooth fairy has also visted our house twice in the last week and so she has a nice big gaping smile to go with her new earrings and pink hair! Fun times at the amundsens!

6 Comments:

At June 25, 2008 at 6:54 AM , Blogger Nicki said...

That is so awesome guys. It is great to see an entire community help out like that. wish I was there to help. Heavenly Father is definately aware of our situations in life and will keep us humble but yet let us grow and help us along the way. Keep smiling guys you rock.
Jason

 
At June 25, 2008 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Nicki said...

That is hilarious about Jahanna's wild and crazy days! John is such a sucker! And I'm so excited for you guys about the garage sale. What a neat experience...don't you feel loved!? We miss you and are so happy that life is getting better for you!

 
At June 25, 2008 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Christine said...

First off, I love that you have posted pictures! What a darling family you have Erin! I wanted to type "Foxie Hoxie" instead of Erin just like the good ol' days!

Jahanna looks just like you! I could totally pick her out of a group of kids 'cause I've seen that face before!

You are such a strength and example to all Erin. Even though life has thrown you lemons - you haven't definitely them into sweet lemonade! Love ya!

 
At June 25, 2008 at 11:41 PM , Blogger Matt and Erin said...

John needs a smack upside the head. :) He'll regret he was so easy going--at some point. Nah, just joking. We miss you guys so much! I am so glad that things are working so well, what a great community you are part of. That wouldn't happen here, sadly. Give my love to everyone, when we're not poor we'll come for a visit. Matt leaves for 6 weeks on July 30th. Wish me luck on that one!

 
At July 9, 2008 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Angie said...

Oh Erin, Erin, Erin... what is it with daddy's and being wrapped around their little girls' little finger? HA HA HA!! I tell Ben all the time that he is a push-over to which he replies, "I AM NOT!" Sure, sure, honey. Keep thinking that!

 
At July 14, 2008 at 12:08 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Yeah ella is a daddy's girl...and Ned's a girly's dad!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home