Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Home again

We left the hospital today at 12:00. I told the doctors we were leaving. Two of them asked if I was sure. Colby has been vomitting non stop since the surgery but I know he's not dehydrated and I'm not going to let him get dehydrated. Kind of a blessing with a GJ tube. He can't throw up the fluid I put into his jejunum. Anyway he has calmed down a lot since yesterday and he's not throwing up nearly as much so we left. The new rehab doctor did up his pump 30 micrograms. She again asked me if I was sure I wanted to do that. Like I told her, I know my son. I want to go up 30. So today she listened. And what a surprise he did not overdose on baclofen. Anyway I am thankful to be home. The girls are still at Grandmas but they will be home soon. I am bummed I didn't get to see Conference. Wow Wow Wubbzy was on non stop even through the night to keep Colby somewhat happy. I guess that's the beauty of modern technology. On demand will have it for the next month so I will eventually get to hear what was said. Any way I am tired even after getting some much needed sleep last night. So that's it for today.

2 Comments:

At April 5, 2009 at 6:55 PM , Blogger Cyndi said...

thank goodness for "mommy knowledge" and kickity-kick ball! :) We love ya!!

 
At April 5, 2009 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Sara (Ferreira) Haslam said...

Erin, I'm glad you guys are home and doing better!! And I hope you get some good sleep tonight! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home