Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Monday, June 1, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Not me Monday



It's Monday again so here we go!

I did not just veg out in front of the computer for the last hour and tune my children out so I could get a small break. Not me I would never do that!

I did not reduce Colby's artane prescription twice in one weekend because he was screaming anyway. I would stick to the plan and go slowly and I always follow doctors directions. I would never do that. Not me!

I would never get meds into syringes and then lick my finger and lower my own blood pressure in doing so! Not me!
(Actually this was an accident and it took me a few minutes to realize why I was light headed. Now you might understand why I say that taking any one full dose of Colby's medications would knock me out or make me end up in a hospital. One smudge of atenolol on my finger lowered my blood pressure and he gets 3 blood pressure meds! Good Grief!)

I would never put my two year old to bed in her clothes, socks and shoes a sticky banana mess because she was so tired she was screaming at me and wouldn't stop. After she was asleep I wouldn't sneak in and take off the socks, shoes and shorts and give her a bath in the morning. I would never do something like that. Not me!

I'm sure there are many more but it is monday morning after a very long weekend. See below post if you haven't read it. Anyway that sums it up for me. I would post a picture or two but my camera seems to have taken a walk to the Johnsons home in their diaper bag. I guess we have the same camera!

6 Comments:

At June 1, 2009 at 10:54 AM , Blogger LucieP said...

I would never put my 18month old to bed the same way!
I would never feel bad about it...
I would never have to change his sheets the next morning because his diaper didn't last all night.

I am surprised by your sensitivity to the meds! I'll think twice the next time I think about doing that!!!

 
At June 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Erin said...

I was surprised by the meds also. It's the only thing that I could think of that would have made me do that. He does get high doses of things but good crud a tiny little lick would make me light headed. I think maybe I hadn't eaten for awhile either.

 
At June 1, 2009 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

I NEVER put my children to bed with dirty feet or sticky faces...nope not me!

Blessings to you...I've been perusing your blog and it sounds like you certainly hae your hands full!

Valerie

 
At June 1, 2009 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Thanks Valerie! We do have our hands full but it's a good life. Thanks for visiting and blessing to you also!

 
At June 2, 2009 at 12:44 AM , Blogger mummyof6monsters said...

Sounds like you deserved to tune the kids out for a while:)Have been reading your blog, found via lifeinthefastlane you are an amazing lady:)

 
At June 4, 2009 at 9:53 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

#1 is not me either. I never do that! I love the pics of Jahnna btw. I love that little girl... can't believe she is six either. Wow, time does fly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home