Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Monday, May 11, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Not me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

This is my first Not Me Monday but I've read three weeks worth of them on MckMama's site and I think it could definitely be a good form of therapy for this chaotic mothers life! So here we go.

I would never put Benedryl into Riley's bottle so she would sleep through the night. I get up on average 3 to 6 times a night to get Colby back to sleep. So I definitely wouldn't considering giving allergy medicine to my youngest so I don't have to wake up another 1 or 2 times during that same night. Nope not me!

I would never let my 2 year old sleep with a bottle after she was one year old. And I certainly wouldn't do it because honestly I don't have the energy to battle it out with her over a stupid bottle. The other two kids were done with bottles when they turned one but seeing as I do enough battles with Colby over medical issues it doesn't seem like such a bad thing to let a two year old have one. I certainly wouldn't be a mother who would let her child keep that bottle as long as she wants to at this point! Nope not me! They let kindergartners have a bottle at school don't they?

This crazy mother would never loose track of time reading MckMama's blog posts and almost have her 4 year old miss the bus because she hadn't put his wheelchair together. I am always on the ball and know exactly what time it is and am never seen wasting time reading blogs. That most certainly is not me!

I would never have my husband bbq steaks for just the two of us, while the two kids who can eat were at their grandma's house. Then give them left over spaghetti when they got home. That would be incredibly selfish to save a nice juicy steak just for yourself and not share it with your kids. I would never do that not me!

That's about all I've got so far. I mean I know there are lots more of them but those are just some of the ones that pop into my head as I type this. This just might be a tradition I keep. I feel better already!

4 Comments:

At May 11, 2009 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Ess said...

I have been following McMama's blog for quite awhile but I am just not brave enough to join this blog carnival just yet; something about worrying about the judgment of others too much...I know I should get therapy. :) I liked yours today thanks for sharing.

 
At May 11, 2009 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I know I had a hard time deciding if I wanted to do this or not. Especially the benedryl one. I love reading her blog it's a lot of fun. Don't worry about me judging you I've got enough of my own issue to worry about what other people do! =)

 
At May 11, 2009 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Ess said...

Hey also the title of the book I was talking about was by the same author and it is called "HIDDEN TREASURES: Heaven's Atonishing Help with Your Money Matters." Let me know what you think if you decide to read it. :)

 
At May 11, 2009 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Oop I lied a little lie! I did go on and read that book next. I got it as an ebook off the website. I liked it, it's an interesting concept. I can see how it applied to getting Colby hyperbarics. I felt impressed that that was what he needed and I just knw a way would be provided. I kind of felt like it consumed all my thoughts for awhile and then it happened. Now I just have to work on the whole changing my thinking about every day life part of it. What did you think about it?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home