Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Monday, June 8, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I would never let my two year old get up at 3:30 in the morning and stay awake watching TV until 5:00 in the morning because her brother was yelling in the room next door. Nope not me! I would then never let her sleep in until 10:00 in the morning because she was awake for an hour and a half in the middle of the night. She would never fall asleep on her brothers bed later that same day because she was so exhausted. This never happens in my house! Nope not me!

I also would not let her sleep on a soaking wet pillow with no pillow cover that you see in the picture. Colby's cup of water dumped on it in the middle of the night. He was soaked it was soaked the bed was soaked. I wouldn't just take the pillow case cover off and let him fall back asleep on it instead of getting up and getting a new pillow and pillow case. Not me I wouldn't do that.

I also wouldn't put Colby on the floor that same evening and walk out of his room leaving him to scream for the next half an hour. (Of course I checked on him every few minutes. I knew nothing was happening to him since he was still screaming at me!)
This is how I found him a half hour later watching Diego laughing and calmly relaxing with his hands behind his head. I would never do that nope not me!

He was quite mad at me again and again I don't know why. I think since we are playing with his meds again it's not working. That's a whole other post but I'll try and summarize. We added three medications at once and tried to reduce one all at the same time. So I don't know if it's one of the one's we've added or the one we are trying to take away that is making him so upset. Today has been a much better day though since I took him off of his clonidine patch and just gave it to him through his feeding tube. I think I might have found the culprit but I'm not admitting it yet.

And finally I would not at the very last minute two weeks after my daughters birthday throw her a very hastily put together birthday party. (Dang that was a mouthful!) It turned out to be a huge success and she said she had a wonderful time but I would most definitely plan things out a little bit more in advance and make sure I had things a little bit more organized. After making her a chocalate cake with strawberries in the middle layer and marshmallow butter cream frosting I wouldn't forget to put the cake in the refrigerator for the next 4 hours so that the frosting melted all down the sides and the strawberries on top fell off. I wouldn't do that nope not me! Half an hour before the party starts I wouldn't look at the cake realize what I had done and swipe the frosting back up the side and put it in the freezer to set quickly. That would be silly. I wouldn't do that, or would I?


At June 8, 2009 at 11:35 PM , Blogger Joye @ The Joyeful Journey said...

Oh but that cake looks soooo yummy anyway!! Way to go!

At June 9, 2009 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Thanks! IT did end up being pretty good just not really pretty.

At June 9, 2009 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

It is so good to hear from you and catch up on what has been going on with you guys! My sister and I were just talking about you the other day and wondering how Colby is doing. You are amazing Erin. You are handling so much with grace and humor. We will keep you and your family in our prayers! I'm so happy to be in touch with you!

At June 9, 2009 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Oh man. Sounds like life is a little crazy.

At June 9, 2009 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh no more than normal ya know! It's why I named my blog Amundsen house of chaos. I figured it described our home pretty darn well. Especially since as I type this Riley is in her bed screaming at me to come get her out except she's exhausted because Colby woke her up at 6:00 this morning. I guess I better go and get her.
Amanda I'm so glad I finally found you guys again. I've told John for the last couple of years that I needed to get in touch with you but I'm a slacker.

At February 22, 2010 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

awww your little boy looks totally relaxed:) thanks for stopping by and following, I'm following you too! I just read alot of your blog and watched your video about your experiences with your son and the HUS, thank God he is doing well, sending you and your family healing wishes and positive prayers for a full and healthy recovery. I'm going to go and check out what a hyperbaric is, I'm in acupuncture school right now and I'm very interested in different types of healing modalities used. hope to talk to you again soon!


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home