Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

You know you have a brain injured child when.....

You have these things in your home


This monstrosity of a car seat is in your basement instead of your car because you can't fit all three kids in the back seat if it's in the car.


You have a special tomato. Yes that's the name of the chair. It's a long story by the people who developed it.


This is in your downstairs living room for therapy.


This is another chair in your house. It's called a bolster chair. It's supposed to help with his hips. He hates it. Riley uses it to stand on and color the walls.



This is your food storage for one child.


This is a crawler that is stacked with medical supplies. Obviously he uses it alot.


A pony walker. Again obviously he uses it alot if its stored under a table with toys all around it.


Nursing records, therapy routines in a binder, storage cases for the o2 sensor and suction pump.


More medical supplies.


Boxes of bags for his food that goes through the feeding pump.


A wheelchair




A calendar with blood pressures oxygen saturation levels, pulse rates and temperatures. Doesn't everyone keep records of that?


Feeding pump on the iv pole, oxygen sensor and suction pump to suck out all his mucus. Yummy.




My refrigerator. To be completely honest there are two months worth of meds there. I am using up the bottles on the bottom and then the ones on top will move down in two days.


One side of a cupboard in my kitchen.


One drawer in my kitchen. The syringe drawer. What you don't have a drawer full of syringes? Why not?

I totally stole this idea from MckMamma you can see her post here http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2009/06/well-and-heart-stuff.html and I give complete credit to her. She takes much better pictures than I do. Several people have asked me about how I store stuff through emails so when I saw her post I thought that would be a great way to show that I don't really store stuff so much as I stuff stuff where ever it will fit. Anyway that's how we do it here in our chaotic home.

1 Comments:

At June 10, 2009 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

Dear Erin, Manda forwarded on your blog address after you two got in touch with each other. I am so glad to get more detail on how you are doing than I get from my busy brother! Guess we are always hoping for improvement for Colby and pray for you to have the strength you need to keep caring for all your family. Kathy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home