Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Monday, September 28, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Seems like I only get around to this every other week or so. I really should get better at updating but life has been trying to throw curve balls at me again. So it's been another couple crazy weeks.

Last week when my two year old was throwing huge amounts of temper tantrums I did not respond to her whining "WHHHHYYYYYY????" with this response "Because we experienced a contraceptive malfunction and that's why you are here." Who would tell there child that? I would never do that!

When my husband wanted to build wooden swords for our chilren to "play" with, I would never sarcastically respond with "Ok, then you get to clean up the blood when they are done playing." I always respond rationally and lovingly to all questions and ideas suggested by others in my family.


I also would never do a happy dance when going shooting with my husband and hitting the clay pigeons with a .22 revolver when they were placed 20 yards away. Especially because I broke just as many as the boys! If you've never tried to hit a target that far away with a revolver don't think it's not a difficult thing to do! Cause it is. Anyway, doing a happy dance would be a silly an immature way to gloat over my husband not doing it first!

I would never meet with a new neurologist taking up an hour and a half of her time asking questions over a procedure we don't even know if they can do on Colby either! That would be jumping the gun. In my defence a good 30 minutes of that time was spent in video taping Colby's dystonia in an effort to determine if deep brain stimulation would indeed help him.

That's all I can remember for now so Happy Monday and now I'm off to do more things that I'm sure will result in more not me moments.





1 Comments:

At September 28, 2009 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Cyndi said...

I love that pic of Colby shooting the gun! It totally made me think of your stories how he likes the history/war channel. :) It's priceless.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home