Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Monday, October 12, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I would never get the flu one day go to bed at 7:00 that night. Be miserable all night long, get my kids off to school the next morning and then go back to bed until noon. During this time my two year old would not have free rein of the house. After I woke up at noon I felt so much better and be fine less than 24 hours after starting to feel sick. That would be a crazy day in my life. Honestly I just think I'm blessed and since Colby's stroke I don't get very sick anymore. I think the Lord knows we have to much going on for me to be sick for very long. And on that note I would never jinx myself by making a statement like that!

I would not feed my family chicken nuggets and taquitoes all week either because I didn't feel like cooking. I am one of those wonder women who bake my bread every day and make healthy and nutritious ground from scratch meals and snacks. Or not! Much to my dismay I've never been super at cooking even after taking foods (yes that's what it was called!) in highschool for two years. Plus I even won the semester cook off three out of four semesters I was in there. How did that happen and how have I sunk so low! Just kidding. I totally only beat myself up about it when I'm craving home made bread!

I would not skip therapy for Colby this week because it was the day I had the flu. He should always go to therapy every day he can because he needs it. Ok I just didn't feel like dragging myself out of the house plus I'm sure that the lovely therapists at therapy appreciate me not bringing my germs to them!

I also would never dread my husbands up coming surgery simply for the reason that I'm tired all the time and I don't want to handle Colby and him at the same time. That would be being a horrible wife. I thought I had it bad with him when he had his last back surgery and that one wasn't a fusion. Plus it was pre Colby's stroke so all I was dealing with was a two year old and a 6 month old the first time. He's supposed to be out of work for 12-16 weeks for this one. I might just go crazy! I hope my back holds up trying to get him up and around and then having to lift and transfer Colby also. Pretty soon I'm going to have to break down and get a manual lifting aid for Colby that will help me get him into his wheelchair and bathtub and stuff like that but I'm holding out on those items for as long as I possibly can. It's not like we don't have a ton of other medical equipment in our home.

And finally back to the cooking issue. I would never ever ever put chicken on the stove to cook on high (why high I don't know it sounded like a good thing at the time) then come downstairs get distracted by blogfrog discussions and realize that I had burnt it all to a crisp. AGAIN! You'd think I would have learned my lesson the first time but I didn't! Oh well.

2 Comments:

At October 12, 2009 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Ess said...

Erin, I wish I could give you a clone or something. About putting something on to cook and forgetting about...I have not learned that lesson myself. I start dinner and then one of the kids asks about something and then I am reminded of dinner when I smell burning or the smoke alarm goes off. It has not happened for awhile since M and J are old enough to keep an eye on dinner, or if they are not around I have decided to put the stove timer on to help remind me. :)

 
At October 12, 2009 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that! Jahnna's getting good about making scrambled eggs but even then she still needs lots of supervision. Some day I'll have extra helpers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home