Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

What do I want to be when I grow up?

What do I want to be when I grow up? That's a question I ask myself daily. Is that strange? I'm 32 and I still have this urge to do something. I mean something other than raising 3 kids, deal with Colby's medical issues, search for the newest treatment and therapy in stroke recovery, raise my husband because yes I consider him one of my children (not really), clean the house, do the dishes and laundry, run kids all over to friends house and church activities, participate in a support group for mothers with kids with disabilities, read, blog and some how find time to take care of myself. I feel like I have never found my niche.

It's not for lack of trying. I've done just about everything. I've worked as a lifeguard and swim instructor, I've been a student secretary while at college, I've been the meats lab cleaner, I've pushed cows at a sale yard, I worked for 3 weeks as a breakfast buffet short order cook, I was a parts counter person at Checker Auto, I've sold Tupperware and Avon, I taught high school, I was a bank teller and a daycare owner. I think that's all of them. I might have missed one or two. So I think I've had lots of random life experiences.

But the last few months I've felt like I need to be doing something else. What is the question? I don't know. I'm lost. I feel like I swim in circles looking for the answer to smack me up side the head or jump out in flashing neon letters. There's so many things I want to do. I want to get into photography except all I have is a point and shoot and after taking two years of photography class in high school I don't know that I'm really cut out for that. I want to cook good food. Not just hamburger helper. I want to be able to make an awesome loaf of bread. I want to be crafty and be a florist. I did teach floral design to high school students but some how I always needed a picture to copy to make anything great.

I have always loved psychology but honestly there's not really any chance I'm going back to school for a doctorate these days. Maybe some type of life coach? That would be fun but how does one go about becoming a life coach? And do I really have the qualifications for that? I'd love to own a store but in the last 5 question Friday I did, you can read it here, I already established the fact that I have adult add and would never be able to decide on just one type of store.

So I'm still at a crossroads. Someday's I wish I could just decide that for now my "job" is to be a mom and a wife. Except there's this nagging feeling deep inside my head that says I'm supposed to be doing something more. So I guess until that flashing neon sign jumps out at me I'll just have to continue being the best mom and wife I can be. If you have any ideas I'd sure love to hear about them!

2 Comments:

At January 31, 2010 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Momof3inVA said...

I would love to go into psychology! I have always had an interest in it...especially in abnormal psych! But, there's no way I am going BACK to school...haha! I did take a few physch (and sociology) classes while I was there! I also took a social-psych class...talk about interesting!

 
At February 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Shane & Amy said...

I remember pushing cows at a sale yard with ya!!! Oh to be back in college. Those were some fun times. Watch out how much you want to be changing things up.... a new calling could be right around the corner. Happened to me a while ago. Not that my calling is super busy, but boy did it change it up for me. I'm now the den leader to 10 boys 8-10 years old. FUN FUN!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home