Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

A whole lot of stuff

Wow what a fun weekend I've had. Colby's had a whole lot of stuff coming out of him. From both ends. That partial intestinal obstruction does not want to remove itself. If I can't get it to remove itself we'll have to go in and see what the hospital can do for him. Fun times. Not so much.

You should have seen the look the poor girl at Wal-mart gave me. What would you do when someone walks up and places 4 enemas, 2 boxes of prunes, a bottle of prune juice and 2 bottles of pedialyte on your counter. You'd probably run. I would except I'm the one that has to give it to him. I've tried everything I already had in my arsenal of a medicine cupboard and so far it's not budging the build up. It has started his gag reflex and unstoppable vomiting. I feel so bad for him. He's relatively happy through out the day but it's still no fun for him. 

Colby's sleeping right now. It's going to be a bad night anyway so I figured I'd let him get his sleep in this afternoon. He can't have his Baclofen or his Parkinson's drugs after 7pm tonight until after his neurology appointment tomorrow. The Baclofen is what makes his muscles loosen up and the Parkinson's drugs are for dystonia and tremorring. The goal is to see what he looks like when he's not on medication. We haven't ever really seen what he looks like with out medication.

As he was being brought out of his coma the doctors started loading on the drugs. They admitted that they snowed him in an effort to getting him stable and out of the hospital and then it was up to me to adjust and wean him off of things as we could play with it. Colby didn't react typically to anything so we're still making it up as we go along. I'm not saying that the doctors did the wrong thing. They wanted to make him comfortable. And he was not comfortable. He screamed and screamed and screamed for six months. It's called neurostorming. Don't try looking it up it's more of a slang term. The only thing that stopped the screaming were the Hyperbaric treatments.

Anyway. I'm rambling. It's what I do when I'm thinking about things I don't want to think about. Like surgery and complications and tonight. I don't have a nurse tonight so I'll be up with him all night. Then we get to leave bright and early to go to the doctor. After that is done then we get to go over and have a kidney doctor appointment. Just a routine check up but I'm sure they won't be happy that his lab tests were drawn back in November and it's now January and I'm just finally get in to see them. Oh well. we had a busy couple of months. I know what the results said and I wasn't worried about his kidney function at least. It's going to be a long night and day.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At January 10, 2010 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Cyndi said...

You are an inspiration in my life. Good luck tonight. We're praying for you and your family and Colby and the doctors too...

 
At January 10, 2010 at 3:33 PM , Blogger trooppetrie said...

praying you can get some help. maybe I have asked you before but how do you do hyperbaric. do you go someone or do you own one. my friend is trying desperatly to raise funds for one. she was going to new orleans for a intensive 30 therapy but after 2 days her son caught a virus (not related) and they have had to stop for now,

 
At January 10, 2010 at 3:43 PM , Blogger j said...

oooh brother, what a roller coaster ride. you probably know this but warm prune juice works miracles for the bowels. at room temp it does little, but warmed up it acts like and instant laxative. sending hugs your way. when i took care of my grandma my days were much like yours, lots of meds, lots of appts and very little mental rest. good luck tomorrow. maybe after the drug detox they can add back only the necessary meds.

 
At January 10, 2010 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Ess said...

We are so praying for you girl and for Colby and for the doctors.

 
At January 10, 2010 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Helga said...

Oh Honey, I am sorry Colby is having such a rough time right now. I wish there was something I could do to help. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck tonight and tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home