Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Night Nursing

Last night was HEAVEN! I haven't slept that soundly in almost two years. Well unless you count the three months I lived in the Mariott while Colby was in the hospital and that was only because I had mono and couldn't physically stay awake and deal with the stress. So I don't count that as a really restful sleep. I woke up for about 5 minutes when Colby decided to begin his nightly party at 3:00. Shannon took him downstairs and I went back to sleep. Did I mention it was HEAVEN. Oh sorry to repeat myself but it was. I'm sure I'll get used to sleeping again and then have a hard time the two nights I will have to get up with him. We get 40 hours a week of nursing care so that's only 5 nights a week. I'm excited that I finally was able to reach a point where I felt comfortable with this type of care. I think it will be a challenge during the day not to have help but I'm grateful for the opportunity to have help at night. It was time.

5 Comments:

At June 16, 2009 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Matt and Erin said...

Oh Erin, that is so wonderful. I think it will be a nice change for you, and between preschool hopefully it'll go smoother overall. It may not end up working out for you in the long run or whatever---but ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF IT! I'm envious right now, but I haven't done this for 2 solid years---We have a 3am party here too...and a 12:30 one, 5:30 and then up at 7:30. We're working on it. :)

 
At June 16, 2009 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Erin said...

She'll sleep eventually! That's the hard part I kept hoping that maybe his nuerons would start working or maybe time would help but in two months it will be to years so I think it will take either stem cells or some new "miracle" that hasn't been discovered yet. Wife a baby you think ok I can handle 6 months or a year of this or in my case with my kids 2 years of waking up but then they eventually start sleeping. It doesn't look like he's going to do that any time soon so I had to give in. To bad your 3 am party isn't quite the same 3 am my party time is at or we could at least chat with each other!

 
At June 16, 2009 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh my goodness my spelling is a reflection of the last two years of no sleep. Just pretend I make sense.

 
At June 16, 2009 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Matt and Erin said...

No, I knew what you meant. I was thinking the same thing...if only our 3am's were the same! I'm headed off to bed, and it's early afternoon there! Tonight I was talking about another guy, SGT Armenta, but it must of been a slip of the tongue, 'cause I said SSG Amundsen. :) Guess you guys are always on my mind!

 
At June 16, 2009 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Sara (Ferreira) Haslam said...

Erin that's GREAT that you got some sleep finally!! I'm so happy for you!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home