Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Monday, October 19, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I would never laugh for over 5 minutes at my two year old. That would be wrong. But what are you supposed to do when she says in a fake crying voice
Riley "I'm crying."
Me "Why are you crying"
Riley "Becausa you washa my hair. So I cry."
Me "Why does washing your hair make you cry?"
Riley "Because you mean ta me. You washa my hair and say die baby die."

She was pretending to shake her baby as she was saying this to me. Now to clarify, I don't shake my children and I have never told any of my children to die baby die so where this flair for the dramatic ccomes from I don't know. I couldn't help it I had to laugh.

I also would never take my kids with me to the hospital to visit John when there is a no kids under 12 policy in place. I figure if you add up 6, 4 and 2 that equals 12 right? They never clarified and said each child has to be 12! I wouldn't walk in like I own the place, making no excuses and pretending I don't know that kids aren't supposed to be there. That would be wrong. Or right depending on how you look at it and how much money our insurance has paid to the hospital. Plus I've personally written this hospital a check for $10,000 for Colby to have hyperbaric treatments there so I really don't feel that bad about pretending I own the place!

I would never cringe when the physicians assistant put up an x-ray showing what John's back would look like after they placed the $80,000 worth of titanium rods into his back. I would tell him "ok that's enough of that picture you can take it down now." I mean that would mean I was a big wuss and you'd think after everything I've seen in hospitals over the last 2 years that a stinking x-ray wouldn't totally give me the creeps and make me have chills while I'm typing about it a week later.

I also would never go to a Japanese restaurant order a spicy tuna roll, a tiger roll and gyoza and eat it all by myself as a treat to myself! I went for John and I but by the time I got back to the hospital he was asleep from his hydrocodone and perkaset (don't know how you spell that and don't want to look it up). So I ate half there, woke him up told him I was going home to can some jam and syrup and then ate the other half for dinner. That would be totally selfish and a complete waste of money but man was it good!

2 Comments:

At October 25, 2009 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

I think you should eat all the Japanese food you want whenever you want if it helps you get through these crazy times! We'll keep you guys in our prayers.

 
At October 25, 2009 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Thanks Amanda! The bad thing is I haven't had it in so long now I want it more since I caved! Oh well maybe next payday I might treat myself again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home