Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Monday, November 23, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Not Me Monday 11/23/09



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
What to say? I don't really remember much of last week. It was pretty repetitious. Other than a surgery for Jahnna. But even that in and of itself is repetitious. We are always at one hospital or another it seems.
****After typing this and looking at the pictures I realized we did do a lot so I guess maybe my memory is just shot these days!***

So I would not get bored with the routine of my life. That would be crazy for a mom right? I would not wake up everyday feeling like ground hog day. I would not tell my 2 year old to not watch tv so that she would watch tv and stop screaming at her sister for 5 minutes. Did ya catch all that? Reverse psychology is so effective in my family. Sometimes. Or not really but I still try anyway.

I would not just send both of my girls to their respective rooms because they had been screaming at each other for the last two hours. Or since they both woke up. That would not be dealing with the situation and handling it effectively. Ok it was very effective for 2 minutes until Riley came out and insisted she was ready to be nice. I would not send her back to her room telling her I wasn't ready for her to be nice and I would come get her when I was ready for her to be nice.

You would think that having Jahnna's tonsils removed last week would make her throat sore, thus allowing us some semblance of quiet in our home for the next week. But no! She would not be bouncing off the walls 5 hours after surgery demanding to go to the store to find something "good" to eat because I didn't buy anything good that was soft enough.

Anyway it was a good week. I think this morning I'm just a bit irritated with the girls. In case you couldn't tell.

I did get to speak to Colby's Gastrointestinal doctor this week and I think we might have his vomiting under control. She put him on an old antihistamine which seems to be working. His GI track was inflamed.  I also spoke to his new neurologist about the deep brain stimulation. More on that hopefully tomorrow.

For now I'll leave you with some pictures.



Jahnna at therapy with Colby. She wouldn't stay at home because she wanted everyone there to know she had her tonsils removed.




Colby getting his feet casted for new dafos.  He didn't really like it but I told him not to smile for a picture and see it worked!




Again him Not smiling!




Not the best shot but he's reaching to knock the trucks down the ramp. It's teaching him how to control his arm movements. He thinks it's hysterical to try and hit me while I pretend to sleep at the bottom of the ramp. What a naughty boy!



Riley Not listening to mom about needing a jacket in a snow storm. It was just starting to snow but we got a pretty good amount. I don't think it's going to melt this time. And yes I would not send my child to church in sneakers because she out grew her church shoes. I would never do that.



My girls are Not my girls because they love the cold weather and turn into huge wimps when it gets above 80 degrees. They always want warm jackets and gloves on when it is 32 degrees outside. Or not!

3 Comments:

At November 23, 2009 at 10:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

such precious pictures...thank you for sharing.

 
At November 23, 2009 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Brandie said...

I would never do any of those things either!! hahaha

 
At November 23, 2009 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Helga said...

You really did have quite a bit to say :o) What fun pictures of the kids, they are so cute!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home