Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Can I get a little diaper rash cream?



Riley, Riley, Riley. You make me want to scream some days. Today was one of them. You woke up at 6:30 this morning yelling "Mom I awake, I ready to get out" Sometimes I wonder how you get so much volume out of such a little body. Your proceeded to terrorize your older sister, following her around and hitting her all morning. How I love to hear your sounds of love. Once Jahnna and Colby were safely off to school you asked innocently to watch "t" or tv. So I let you watch Word World. Oh how I regret that choice.

I figured I would get a load of dishes done while you watched cartoons. It would be a nice quite little break for me. I don't love quiet when it regards you. You came into the kitchen and said "See mommy I pretty."
You are. That's all I can say. It's a good thing your so cute. You had covered your sweet little face with Boudreaux Butt Paste. It was all over your clean shirt (the second one of the day) and your skirt and leggings. The dread began to swell in my head. I asked you to show me where you made yourself pretty. You said "Colby's room"

So off we went down the hall. Someday I know you will be a rich artist and I will look back on all of this with laughter but probably not today. You had painted your brothers oxygen concentrator, his IV pole that hangs his feeding tube and bag, his bed, his oxygen sat monitor, his bed skirt, and the dresser. I muttered a few things and got busy cleaning you up. If only I had known this was just the beginning.

After Colby got home you were cranky. So off to nap time you went. HA HA HA. Right. You decided to throw everything out of your crib and then yell at the top of your lungs "Mom I awake I not tired". So down you came. I started another cartoon for you and your brother because I needed to get some laundry folded. Who am I kidding? Some laundry? Try 7 loads or so. Anyway I got busy and I figured since I was only 1 room away I'd be safe from any disasters. HA.

You found a tube of A&D ointment. How you find these things I will never know. I swear I put them away or at least try to hide them from you. This time you did your hair, your shirt, your pants, the bed, Colby's wheelchair, his favorite spiderman hat, his spiderman backpack, his dynavox computer stands, the tv and the dresser the tv sits on. I walked in to get you ready to get in the car and almost screamed! As it is I said NO really loudly and took the tube away from you. You looked up at me and said "Member I say I sowee Mommy"  What was I supposed to say to that? I stripped off your clothes (by this time we were on your 5th outfit of the day) quickly washed your hair 3 times, got you dressed and into a jacket since it was only 32 degrees outside and got you into the car. Then I got Colby into the car. He was laughing the whole time and looked at me like he thought you were crazy.

We got home and I came downstairs to check some email. You were in the toy room but not for long. After about 15 minutes I heard you crying. I went searching for you. I looked upstairs in all your usual hiding places. I checked closets, bathrooms and in cupboards but I couldn't find you. I went downstairs and searched. You scared me to death. I couldn't find you anywhere. Finally I heard you knocking on the front door. Lucky me You figured out how to open it. I guess we'll be using the deadbolt during the day from now on. Your fingers were freezing and your little nose was red.

I think from now on I will tie a rope to you so you are never more than 5 feet away from me. Only that scares me a little. I think you might just be old enough now to end up tying me up and still causing mass amounts of chaos on our family. It's a good thing your so cute little girl and that I love you so much! It's also good that you are safely sound asleep in your crib right now so I don't have to worry about what you are getting into.

6 Comments:

At October 28, 2009 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Shane & Amy said...

some days I wonder how others would react with my kids and me with theirs. I don't know that I could of survived the butt paste, then the A&D. I am sitting here laughing, but only because it's not me cleaning up the mess. I would of melted when she said, member I said sowee mom! Too cute!!

 
At October 28, 2009 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Shane & Amy said...

some days I wonder how others would react with my kids and me with theirs. I don't know that I could of survived the butt paste, then the A&D. I am sitting here laughing, but only because it's not me cleaning up the mess. I would of melted when she said, member I said sowee mom! Too cute!!

 
At October 28, 2009 at 9:58 PM , Blogger Ess said...

My goodness girl did you ever have a day!!!! Wow all I can say is this too shall pass....when that will happen....I cannot say. Hang in there!

 
At October 29, 2009 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

It's a good thing she's cute, huh? Oh man... that is CA-RA-ZY!

 
At November 2, 2009 at 9:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

reminds me of the peanutbutter capers at our house! Good thing we all have sense of humor....sometimes after the fact! Such fond memories to last a lifetime and beyond- Mom\grandma Hoxie

 
At November 3, 2009 at 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! And I thought Jordan was busy. At least she'll still sleep in a crib. Jordan hasn't since he was 14 months old. He wanders into our bedroom about 3 times in the middle of the night and has to be put back in bed.

How do they find these ointments and stuff? I found Jordan behind his bedroom door trying to suck out the contents of a tube of Anbesol this afternoon. After 3 high needs kids, I've learned the lesson with #4: don't ever think it's ok to leave them in a room by themselves, even for 5 minutes. LOL! Only my 11 year old can be trusted for a few minutes on her own, and even then, she's apt to raid the pantry and get into candy or sneak a soda out in the garage. She's got blood sugar problems, so that's a big no no, and she knows it.

-Jenn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home