Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Friday, November 13, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thankful for the thorns bouquet

I never did get around to getting my Thankful for the thorns bouquet last year. Maybe because life was still a little hectic and crazy. This year I have much to be thankful for. For the moment we are all healthy and happy. We still have the chaos.

Jahnna is having her tonsils removed on Tuesday. John is still recovering from having 3 vertebrae fused together. Colby is still throwing up a lot but at least he's happier. He's laughing and smiling more, sleeping a little longer (30 minutes at a time but still  that's big for him!) Riley is getting into everything but she's also growing up and continually making me laugh while I want to wring her neck!

I'm doing better. I finally have my mono/chronic fatigue somewhat under control. As long as I take b12 shots I'm good. Things are looking up. We've managed to finally adjust to our world as it is now. For the most part. On a good day.

OK really I feel like I've been doing better and I'm happier than I've been in the last two years so for what it's worth I feel like we're in a good place now. In case you haven't read the Thankful for the Thorns story you can go here or here to read it.

So here is my Thankful For The Thorns bouquet.



 


And here is what I did with the roses. There's only 5 survivors because Riley and Allie decided I needed a rose petal covered kitchen. It was very beautiful but it had to go and before I got a picture of it! Thanks Megan for sweeping the kitchen though! 
 

2 Comments:

At November 13, 2009 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Stef (a.k.a. Cuatro's Mom) said...

Not to get all symbolic or anything, but I find it interesting that there were 5 survivor. You know, with your family being 5 survivors. Get it? Anyway, I just thought that was sort of neat.

 
At November 15, 2009 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Suzanne said...

Love that story! Thanks so much! It was one of the most spiritual experiences I've ever had, to hear you relate it along with your experiences. Thanks again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home