Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Monday, October 26, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Some OCD and a bit of Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.




I would never wait until the last minute before a Halloween party to get Colby a costume. I did manage to get Jahnna hers about two weeks ago and Riley's we've had for two years. Colby only wanted to be spiderman this year. Funny boy he's on a spider  man kick. He wouldn't even look at any other costumes. He kept turning his head away. So I'm good with a $10 costume from Smith's it works for me!



Here is our little caterpillar. In her words she is an angel caterpillar because everything must be prefaced with angel. If she gets in trouble she tells me "I not in trouble I an angel like grandma" Oh the fun times we have with our precious angel. I have never not once told her she is an angel with horns.



I would never forget to buy Halloween face paint and instead use up the last of my eyeliner to draw a very crooked face on Jahnna. She loved it though. And no she is not JUST a kitty. She is a Velveteen Kitty and no one better forget it!



I did not take 5 pictures of Colby until I finaly got one of him smiling. That would be torture right?





Ok onto the OCD part of today's post. I cut recipes out of magazines. Recipes I will probably never ever use. I got started doing this while Colby was in the hospital. I dreaded the cafeteria and every tuesday when the new shipment of magazines would come into the gift shop (how sad I know the delivery day!!!) I would go pick up 3 or 4 new ones and drool over the pretty pictures of good food. So in my infinite wisdom I decided to save all these yummy recipes so that one day I could make them for my family. It's been two years since Colby's stroke and I can't stop!!!!!! Someone help me please!!!! John saw my basket of clipped recipes and told me I needed to put them in a binder so maybe I might use them. I think he was trying to hint at me making something other than taquitos and pizza but I'll just say he was being helpful.



That's a stack of magaines waiting to be shredded in my search for recipes. I don't even really like Rachel Rays recipes. She uses way to many ingredients if you ask me but I still do it. Again someone help me please!!!!!


This is the first binder I filled. Yes I said first.


This is the second. It's smaller but that's just cause I didn't have a different one. Sick I know!


Because I'm not done. This is the basket that still has recipes in it. I ran out of sheet protector pages!


This is the pile that still had to go into the basket you just saw. The basket is full but at least I have no more magazines to ripe up. Except that I almost got one at the grocery store this morning. I stopped myself. Maybe it's the first step to recovery! And just so I couldn't say I'd never used a single recipe yesterday I made Pumpkin pancakes that were just like eating pumpkin pie for breakfast. Even Riley ate them, which is a miracle in and of itself. She never eats anything! So I've decided that maybe I better start to use my new resource. Wish me luck. Does anyone else have a crazy thing you do like this? If so leave me a comment and make me feel better about myself! Thanks!

2 Comments:

At October 26, 2009 at 9:45 PM , Blogger Ess said...

Oh honey you are not alone. Except I just collect things to get around to doing. If you saw my house now you would realize we could go to a support group together. I get excited about doing stuff and buy all the things I need to get started and some extras because I just know I am going to like doing it. I save things (papers, information, etc.) because I just know it will come in handy sometime. I quit getting magazines because I had too many stacks of them collecting dust. I hope this makes you feel better! :)

 
At October 27, 2009 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

yea. stephen king articles from entertainment weekly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home