Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Monday, November 30, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Not Me Monday 11/30/09



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
Short one this week. I would never obsess over cleaning the toy room for three hours last night. I would not throw a major fit over the wreck it was in and demand all my children to leave the room. I would also never threaten to throw out every single toy in the house if this room ever looked the way it did again. Unfortunately I have no before picture so no one has a way to know whether or not I was truly over reacting. I still think I wasn't. Mostly because I never over react. Never.

This is what it looks like now and I'm serious on that threat. I would never make a threat I don't intend to keep.

Not ME!



Side note of shameless plugging. Will those of you who read this blog that have special needs kiddos please visit my community on the left side and leave some stories in the discussions I posted. Come on I know you have them!

5 Comments:

At November 30, 2009 at 12:26 PM , Blogger ♥Jess♥ said...

Was visiting from MckMama! :) You were the person right above my link so I clicked over!

I certainly have never had one of those fits myself! :)

I'm going to check out your message board right now. :)

 
At November 30, 2009 at 12:55 PM , Anonymous Meg said...

I popped over from MckMama's blog carnival.
If you clean like that all the time you are more than welcome to come over to my home and kick me out of any room to get it looking like that!

 
At November 30, 2009 at 1:45 PM , Anonymous Kimberly @ RaisingOlives said...

I never over-react or make threats I don't intend to keep. At least I intend to keep them when I make them...

 
At November 30, 2009 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Brandie said...

I too never overreact. I have never made that exact same threat. I actually did a tackle it Tuesday post about my toy room because it was such a mess!!

 
At December 3, 2009 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Karin said...

okay, so I don't actually *need* to sign up for something else to reply to your blogfrog post. You can repost it for me. :-)

I hate it when people use the term "retarded" or crippled or handicapped. I hate that we are not teaching kids on high school "health class" or "home ec" or wherever they learn actual "life skills" the terms to use for people with disabilities.

When people ask me how Buggy is doing, they know the word that they know, but don't necessarily know the more "Acceptable" word, so they often say something like, "Is she 'okay'?" or "is she..." and they just trail off.

She's not "the crippled girl". She's a girl who is 4, that has disabilities. Her disabilities are a part of her, but they don't make her.

There is now a bill to get the terms "mental retardation" and all of it's permutations taken out of all federal laws. It will be changed to "intellectual disabilities". Much more respectful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home