Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Monday, February 22, 2010

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Not Me Monday 2/22/10


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Here we go! Yesterday I did not accidently open my google email account and realize that I had over 800 messages in my inbox. Most of them from Friday Follow and people responding to my emails. So it looks like I never read my comments and follow ups! I did not think that I had forwarded that account to my msn account that I check like every 5 minutes. And I certainly did not think that I was on top of things only to find out how badly I am not! So I am going through them all this week and I hope if you felt I had neglected you, that you will know that I'm trying to catch back up!

When I asked Riley why she had a bruise on her forehead, she did not smile really big and say "Cause I hit myself with a hammer!" Laugh and run away. Whose child thinks like that? Not mine!

Colby did not fall asleep yesterday afternoon to the sound of gunshots on the Xbox at 4:30 in the afternoon and sleep until 9:30 wake up for 45 minutes and then sleep through the night. Of course it was on a night that his nurse was here! He would never dream of doing that when I have to get up with him! Maybe his sleep center is starting to heal itself after all. That would be nice!

Jahnna was not super thrilled that she learned to swallow pills this week. She also was not super excited to start taking two pills of her ADHD medicine. That kid is not so incredibly aware of her body and her mind that she would know instinctively that it would help her. This week she has not been on her best behavior in I don't know how long and the fights between her and Riley have not been cut by half if not seventy-five percent! I am not in heaven over the peace that has been in our home since starting Focalen. And I do not feel vindicated in my quest to get her medication for her ADHD.

And last, I did not skip taking a shower at the gym after water aerobics this morning because there were at least 10 women in their 70's waiting for the showers. So my hair did not freeze when I walked outside and it was only 25 degrees. And I am not sitting her typing this totally itching all over from the chlorine. I am not waiting for Colby to get home on the bus to take a shower because I do not want to miss the bus. They don't like it when your not here to get your kid home from school.

Well I think that's enough confessing for the week. Tune in next Monday for more things I did not do!