Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Friday, December 4, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

5 Question Friday 12/4

Welcome to 5 question Friday. I love this bloghop. It's fun to read what other people answer. Fun times. Anyway here it is. Thanks goes to Mama M. for hosting the party.


Questions for Friday, December 4th:

1.
Favorite gift you are GIVING this year? 


Does getting to pick out a gift for yourself from someone else count? I can't actually say what the favorite one I'm giving is because it will ruin it for mom. So I went today and picked out a new little pocket camcorder for myself from my Aunt Cindi. Awesome deal! It was on sale at Shopko for $129.99 (originally $149.99) I had a $20 off a $100 purchase from the mail catalog. Then on top of it you got a $30 gift card at the register when you purchased it. 

So since I'm so stinking smart. I bought the camcorder and then turned around and used the gift card to buy the girls beanbags which were on sale for 1/2 off. I never get deals like  this. I was so excited. Plus the little camcorder actually has pretty good picture and it's all digital you just plug it into your usb port and you can upload right to the computer or to facebook or youtube. How awesome is that? 

I probably should stop saying awesome but I'm just so excited it's hard to stop. Here's a little test clip so you can see the picture quality. Dang maybe Shopko should pay me for such an awesome review. What do you think?

Test clip

2. How many parties are you attending between now and Christmas?

The recruiting station party possibly. I don't think we're going to the Ogden recruiting company party. To a birthday party for a friends one year old. I think that is about it.




3. What is your favorite Christmas song?


Vince Gills - breathe of heaven. I love that song. I like his version better but I could only find Amy Grants version. It's so beautiful. Plus it's taken on a bit of a new meaning to me since Colby's stroke. It makes me reflect on how much I knew about what would happen in our life before we came to earth. I do feel like this was something Colby agreed to before he was born. So if he agreed to it I must have agreed to it as well. Deep thoughts. Way deeper than I'm capable of today.


Amy Grant -Breathe of Heaven

 

4. Who was your favorite elementary school teacher and why?


I think her name was Ms. Maroni. I can't remember how awful is that? We made Oblik and other fun science stuff. Since our elementary school was also the middle school K-8 then my overall favorite teacher would have to be Mrs. Dennis. She made history come alive.

5. If you had a choice to live in any other period of time (other than now) what era would you choose and why?


I was starting to think probably the old west but then I really like modern medicine so I don't know. I guess I'm a wuss like that and like all the new stuff we have these days! 

That was fun. Thanks again Mama M.



MckLinky Blog Hop

       

2 Comments:

At December 4, 2009 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hey Erin, way to score deals. I love when that happens to me. (Not so much lately). Anyway, I LOVE Amy Grant's Breath of Heaven. I have never heard Vince Gill sing it. I think it is one of my top 5 fave Christmas songs though. So glad we have that in common.

 
At December 4, 2009 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Helga said...

You scored big time on the Camcorder!!! I would be so proud too if that happened to me :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home