Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

My first review!!!

I am so excited! I get to review a product and what an awesome one to start with. On a whim I sent an email to review Molly's Money Saving Digest. I didn't even know I'd been selected until I got my January copy in my inbox. 



I opened it up right away and was instantly impressed. I have been wanting to learn how to bake better and right in front was a great tutorial on homemade pie crusts. I am not a baker and y pie crusts are almost never right so I can't wait to make a pie this week using the new recipes and tips I found in here.

There are 5 different forms to help you organize your home. You can start by recording all your monthly bills to get an idea of where your money goes. Then you can start to make adjustments to your budget and see where you can start saving some money. There is a weeks worth of frugal menu ideas complete with a shopping list. That's always a big help when your pressed for time.

There is also a great section on ideas to use for teaching your kids about money and keeping a checkbook. I'm going to make the piggy bank with Jahnna this week. She's always losing her money or wanting to spend it right away. I think I'll use the check register to help her keep track of how much money she is putting into the bank each week as she gets her allowance. That way she can use her cool new piggy bank and learn some math while we're at it.

I loved the idea for displaying a monthly scripture in your home. I'll also be working on that project this week as well. Looks simple and is inexpensive. I already know what I'm going to be doing for Christms presents next year also. I never would have thought to take a picture add words to it and then put it onto a piece of canvas. So easy, simple and much less expensive than what you would pay for at the store.

These are just a few of the many great articles in this digest. You can get it yourself for just $4.95. It's really a bargain for everything you get in there. If you want to spend just a bit more for $9.95 you can get the organization bundle. It includes the January issue plus all of the 2009 organization tips and articles. I have really enjoyed looking over my January issue and getting ideas to use this month. I hope you take a minute and go get your own copy it's worth every penny!

3 Comments:

At January 4, 2010 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Ess said...

Yay for your first review! Sounds like a fun magazine. Thanks for sharing.

 
At January 4, 2010 at 3:26 PM , Anonymous jerilyn said...

hmm, I have never heard of that 'Money Saving Digest' before but it sounds good!

 
At January 4, 2010 at 10:11 PM , Blogger Mama M. said...

That really looks like an awesome mag! Lucky you for getting to review it--it's the household organization tips that I need!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home