Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

$98,986 plant



This is the plant that the surgeon had delivered to John after his back surgery. Yes it did look better than this when it was delivered. But then the sad little thing spent a month in my living room with hardly any natural light. So the day I threw it away it looked like this.

We got the bill from the hospital yesterday. Only took them 7 1/2 weeks to send it. It was for $98,986.00 and that did not include the titanium rods that were placed in his back. I believe the PA said they cost about $86,000 but since the doctor has a financial interest in the rods we would never see a bill for them. Since we haven't seen the surgeon since the day he performed the surgery I figure this was his way of saying thanks for choosing me to be your surgeon. Kind of funny to me that he would have a plant delivered to his patients after surgery. 

Thankfully because John is in the military we don't pay any part of that bill. It's always interesting to see what the cost is when we finally do get the bills though. Crazy that a three day stay at the hospital is just under $100,000. With Colby it generally takes 5 days to hit that price tag.

Anyway, kind of a random post just something that made me laugh over the last couple of days. 

3 Comments:

At December 10, 2009 at 9:20 AM , Anonymous Tracy said...

It is interesting seeing those hospital bills. I still have the bill from when my son was born, his 12 day hospital stay with the multitude of tests.

 
At December 10, 2009 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Helga said...

That is an expensive plant!!! One thing I love about being in the military, not worrying about hospital bills!!!

 
At December 10, 2009 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Matt and Erin said...

One thing I am eternally grateful for that the military does provide. I remember Matt's ER run to St. Lukes in Boise was like 3K. Ridiculous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home