Amundsen House of Chaos

Let's face it, when you have a kid who survived a stroke, life is always going to be a little chaotic.

Friday, December 11, 2009

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com
and don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Five Question Friday 12/11/09

Welcome to 5 question Friday. I love this bloghop. It's fun to read what other people answer. Fun times. Anyway here it is. Thanks goes to Mama M. for hosting the party.

1. Does Santa wrap the presents he leaves at your house?



Yes and no. He wraps one present for each kid and then the rest are in the stockings. We want most of the focus to be on each other and not on Santa.



2. When is your "big" Christmas celebration...Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Tell us about it...



Depends on the year. When I was growing up we always went to my Grandma's house on Christmas Eve for a buffet dinner that included Oyster stew. Why it did I don't know. Maybe I should ask her. We opened up presents and had a good time. Then my parents would see some passing airplane and tell us it was Rudolph and that we had better hurry home. 


We'd wake up and do presents at home then head back over to Grandma's for brunch and eventually a big sit down dinner. 


This year I think we are doing Christmas Eve at my in-laws. Christmas morning with us and the kids and possibly dinner back at the in-laws. Then all my family is coming the day after Christmas. I'm excited and it will be tons of fun.




3.
Are you big on keeping tradition every year?


Yes. I love traditions but I also love doing new things. If they stick great we have a new tradition. If they don't well we just don't talk about it ever again!

4.
Do colored lights or white lights tickle your fancy?


I love white lights. John doesn't. I like stationary ones, he likes them to twinkle. So we have colored twinkling lights because I gave in and now I like them.


5.
Do you decorate outside your house for Christmas?


 Usually we do. Actually our lights never came down from the trees last year. But this year due to John's back surgery I'm not letting him up on a ladder in the snow and ice. So it's boring and a little sad but next year it will all be back.



MckLinky Blog Hop

        

1 Comments:

At December 11, 2009 at 8:57 PM , Blogger Helga said...

I used to love twinkling lights when I was little, they still give me a fun feeling in my belly :o) We don't make Santa the center of attention at our house either. Santa leaves one present for each child and that's it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home